Who We Are
Welcome to the homepage of Vale Moto Training. We are a Motorcycle Training School situated in the Vale of Glamorgan and offer extensive training to budding motorcyclists wishing to learn to ride either a motorcycle or scooter. Based at a large disused runway at Llandow, in the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, we cater for motorcycle training at all levels from learner rider through to advanced motorcycling techniques that can lead to riding certificates through ERS (Enhanced Rider Scheme) IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) or RoSPA (Royal Society of the Prevention of Accidents).
Certified by the Driving Standards Agency and fully approved to deliver the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) and DAS courses (Direct Access Scheme), ALL of our instructors are top calibre Police Advanced (Class 1) riders with decades of motorcycling experience between them. Don’t be fooled into thinking that means stale ‘Steady Eddie’ riding, at VMT, we are bikers through and through, boasting race track experience and an ACU (Auto Cycle Union) level Enduro Instructor.
Please feel free to browse our site to find the relevant information you’re after but don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and call us for additional information, or even just a chat about our courses and services. We are a friendly team and will be more than happy to receive your call and answer any questions!
What We Offer
Our Motorbike Training School & Facilities
- Large, safe & secure, DSA Approved, off road motorbike training area
- Large Module 1 motorbike test training area
- Warm classroom based at our training site
- Separate Male & Female toilets
- Full disabled access throughout including toilet facilities
- Onsite Café with free WiFi
- Free loan of motorbike helmets, gloves, jackets and waterproofs.
- A fleet of new motorbikes (Not cheap or unknown manufacturers)
- Industry leading Instructor qualifications
- Race track tuition available
- Fully inclusive & transparent pricing structure
Motorbike Training Courses & Tests
- New Rider Course
- Compulsory Basic Training (C.B.T.)
- A1 Lightweight Motorcycle Training
- A2 Standard Motorcycle Training
- Direct Access Scheme Training for Full ‘A’ Motorcycle Licence (D.A.S)
- Rusty Rider….For those returning to biking or just passed their test
- Night Owl….Familiarisation for riding motorbikes at night.
- Advanced Motorbike Training (E.R.S. / RoSPA / IAM)
- Individually tailored, One to One motorbike training courses
- Motorbike Training Tours throughout UK and Europe
Why Choose Us?
We offer a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere and this reflects in our approach to your training. We understand that for some people, passing your motorcycle or scooter test can be quite stressful but we will be patient, supportive and understanding to your needs. We guarantee to teach you everything you need to know to complete your training and pass your test, whatever level that may be.
Our team’s experience and credentials are quite unique and some of the best available. We have 7 Police Advanced (Class 1) riders, 3 of which are Police Motorcycle Advanced Instructors, 1 is an ACU (Auto Cycle Union) level Enduro Instructor and 6 are National Protection VIP riders familiar with escorting Royalty and foreign dignitary. ALL have been selected for their friendly and personable nature. We are committed to ensuring the quality of your instruction and the enjoyment of your learning experience cannot be bettered.
Finally, our typical working day is from 8.30am to 4.30pm (sometimes longer if necessary, at no extra cost). If you’re looking at value for money, you will find that a lot of others conduct a 5 or 6 hour working day. This extra time can equate to a lot of additional training, when considering courses are often run over multiple sessions. It also allows instruction to be paced at a more relaxing tempo than compressing course content into a shorter time frame.
Our Motorcycles & Scooters
All of our motorbikes are new and in top condition.
Rest assured, you won’t be using any cheap and unknown makes.
- 50cc Automatic Mopeds. AM and CBT
- 125cc Automatic Scooters. A1 and CBT
- 125cc Manual Motorcycles. A1 (Clutch & Gears)
- 650cc Manual Motorcycles. A2 (Clutch & Gears)
- 650cc Manual Motorcycles. A (Clutch & Gears)
Equipment included free on ALL courses:
- Motorcycle helmets
- Waterproof and CE armoured motorcycle jackets
- Waterproof motorcycle over trousers
- Waterproof motorcycle gloves
- Female & male sizes available