Motorcycle Theory Test
This must be completed and passed before you can take any full motorcycle licence test. This includes the hazard perception test and will still apply even if you have full entitlements of other categories such as car or goods vehicle.
The price is currently £23.
You do NOT need to complete a theory test before taking a C.B.T, but it is a good idea to get it taken as soon as possible, if you want to take any full motorcycle test. At present you have to answer 43 out of 50 multiple choice questions correctly. The minimum pass mark for the hazard perception part of the theory test is 44 out of 75.
The Hazard Perception part is delivered on a computer and you respond by clicking a button on the mouse. You will be presented with a series of 14 video clips which feature every-day road scenes. In each clip there will be at least one developing hazard, but one of the clips will feature two developing hazards. To achieve a high score you will need to respond to the developing hazard during the early part of its development. The maximum you can score on each hazard clip is five.
What would you like to do now?
- I would like to practice a theory test online. There are 400 questions in total to practice on this page, 100 Motorcycle, 100 Car, 100 HGV and 100 PSV. We would recommend completing all of them for getting the best practice (Official DSA website)
- I would like to read the highway code (Official DSA Website)
- I would like to watch a video of what is involved in taking a theory test (Official DSA Video)
- I would like know more about the Theory Test and Hazard Perception test (Official DSA Website)
- I would like to check availability & book my theory test online at other theory test centres (Official DSA website)
To book your theory test on the phone call 0300 200 1122